Why choose Thermalboard over Gypcrete / Gypsum Concrete Pour?
Our radiant floor panels provide fast, efficient, high-performing radiant floor heat at a much lower operating cost than Gypcrete and other traditional gypsum concrete pours. Give us a call at 866-414-7244, or fill out the form below for a fast, free project estimate today!
Give us a Call
Have any questions?
Need a project estimate?
Fill out the form below.
Request a Free Sample
Get a free sample by mail.
Pourable gypsum based cementitious material can be applied over tubing radiant stapled to a subfloor by licensed applicators.
In contrast, Thermalboard is easy to install, cost effective, and suitable for all flooring goods.
Gypsum Pours are Costly, Heavy, and Difficult to Install
- Complicated Installation: Gypsum applicators do not provide project design layout. Thermalboard does.
- Expensive Freight: Gypsum applicators use the same big trucks required for large commercial jobs, resulting in higher costs for small to medium projects.
- Not Suitable for Hardwood: A Gypsum pour surface cannot cost-effectively accommodate nailed hardwood. Thermalboard accommodates all floors goods easily.
- Heavy: A gypsum pour weights 12-14 lbs./sq./ft. often affecting joist sizing
- Double Plating Required: An extra plate must be installed to accommodate the extra 1.5” of gypsum thickness. Cost issue. Possible height issue. Not required with Thermalboard.
Benefits of Thermalboard Radiant Floor Heating
Low Profile (5/8")
Easy Installation with Thermalboard
Radiant Wall: How to Make a Heated Wall
How Thermalboard Compares to Gypsum Cement Pours
Better Performance with Thermalboard
Thermalboard is more efficient that Gypsum pours, as shown in lower supply water temperature data below.
Thermalboard has a Faster Response Time
Thermalboard responds much faster than the high mass gypsum pours. Thermalboard provides heat when you want it.
Thermalboard is Low Profile and Light Weight
Thermalboard is only 5/8” thick and weights about 2lb/sf/ft. Gypsum concrete is typically poured 1 ½” think weighing 12-14 lb./sq./ft.
Thermalboard is Cost Effective
Thermalboard is less expensive than gypsum concrete pours for projects less than 2000 sq ft.
How to Buy Thermalboard
Request a free Quote
Give us a call at 866-414-7244 or fill out the quote request form here.
Design & Layout
After accepting your quote, complete our Project Questionnaire. We will begin your layout and design with “Paint by Number” CAD drawings.
Once your project is finalized we will send you an online payment link.
Delivered to Jobsite
Confirm your start date and we’ll ship your order to your jobsite.